Mnquma Municipality

Flag this page

52 King Street
South Africa
(047) 401 3586
(047) 491 0195
Email contact form

Mnquma Municipality

Mnquma Municipality will uphold the principles of democracy, create an enabling environment that facilitates the empowerment of the community economically, socially and legislatively to ensure sustainable and affordable services.

Mnquma Local Municipality is located in the South Eastern part of the Eastern Cape Province. This category B municipality falls under the jurisdiction of the Amathole District Municipality (ADM) and comprises of an amalgamation of the former Butterworth, Ngqamakhwe and Centane TRC’s.Mnquma Municipaliy shares borders with three other local municipalities i.e. Mbhashe, Intsika Yethu and Great Kei Municipalities. This also includes a number of previously administered rural areas. It is approximately 32 995 240 square kilometres and consists of 31 wards.

Mnquma Local Municipality has a total population of approximately 297663 people, 99% of which are Xhosa speaking African. The remaining 1% of the population includes English, Afrikaans, Zulu, Sesotho speaking people. The municipality comprises of 54% female and 46% male of the total population and consists of approximately 75410 households.

Mnquma Municipality is richly blessed with high rainfall, a magnificent coastline and beautiful scenery throughout the region. The high rainfall allows for the potential growth of the agricultural sector, while the beautiful scenery is a natural tourism attraction that the municipality aims to tap into.

Flag this page

Similar Entries of Mnquma Municipality

Chris Hani District Municipality

The Chris Hani District Municipality is nestled in the heart of the Eastern Cape, a linking node to all the regions in the Province. It is largely...

Amathole District Municipality

A leading, dynamic, innovative, pioneering and focused district municipality dedicated to servicing the needs of our communities and their social and...

KSD Municipality

King Sabata Dalindyebo Municipality is one of the seven local municipalities located within the OR Tambo District Municipality in the Eastern Cape...

Capricorn District Municipality

To provide quality services, in a cost effective and efficient manner, through competent people, partnerships, information and knowledge management...

Eden District Municipality

The Eden District Municipality (EDM) is the third-largest district within the Western Cape Province and is made up of seven local municipalities,...

Bitou Municipality

Bitou Local Municipality, commonly known as the "Jewel of the Garden Route", incorporates the former Outeniqua District Council and Plettenberg Bay....

Drakenstein Municipality

The Municipality adopted this vision with the realisation that as a local municipality we cannot succeed single-handedly in our quest to address...