The Uitenhage Despatch Development Initiative (UDDI)
- (27) 41 922 0232
- (27) 41 922 7259
The Uitenhage Despatch Development Initiative (UDDI) is a facilitating body that has been established to promote sustainable development in the region. It is also the first stop for doing business in these towns in the Nelson Mandela Bay Metro of the Eastern Cape.
1. To stimulate economic growth and development in Uitenhage, Despatch and surrounding areas and to make the area a key point of growth in Nelson Mandela Bay.
2. To create new jobs and reduce unemployment.
3. To stimulate the development of SMMEs and other business start-ups.
Role and responsibilities:
- Economic development facilitation
- Public/private sector project management and consultation
- Scoping and feasibility studies
- Business advice and referral
- Vocational/technical skills training
- Community development
- Research and development Services, programmes, projects and initiatives.
The UDDI has eight focus areas:
- macro regional development projects
- SMME development and support services/programmes
- skills development programme – regional skills pool
- agriculture and agri-tourism
- tourism development
- automotive supply development
- micro community job creation projects
- community construction project